US Sales Manager
Danica is considered to be a leader in fashion housewares. Our product assortment is an eclectic mix of kitchen and tabletop textiles, home accessories and giftware. We have a strong commitment to outstanding quality, service and design, which has made us a premiere source of wholesale home décor products for fifty years.
If you're looking to work for a company with a culture as vibrant as the products it produces, Danica is the place for you. We're a driven, yet easy-going, group of people working hard at having fun.
USA Sales Manager - EAST
Danica is currently looking to hire a US Sales Manager based in Vancouver, BC to manage and increase sales in the U.S. independent retail division of Danica by nurturing and growing business relationships through sales representatives located throughout the eastern United States.
Danica serves the housewares and gift needs of thousands of independent retailers throughout the United States. We have a sales force of eighty commissioned sales representatives, half of whom are located in the eastern half of the United States. We are seeking a sales manager to lead this team of self-employed sales people with the objective of building sales while maintaining margins.
As the successful candidate, you will have a proven record of accomplishment leading sales people. You will know how to share product knowledge, encourage superior performance, and coach. You will be traveling up to half of your time to work with sales people. You will be able to analyze markets and direct sales people to opportunities.
• Management of sales reps to maximize sales
• Ensuring leads are followed up and opened into accounts
• Regularly reviewing KPIs on sales activity and taking swift action when needed
• Preparing annual sales budgets for each territory
• Reporting on trends and competition
• Leading sales meetings at trade shows
• Participating in trade shows
• Developing sales incentives as needed
• Advanced level of MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Power Point and Word)
• Superb communications skills, both written and verbally
• Prior U.S. independent gift and housewares market experience is valuable
• Must possess a valid passport and be able to travel throughout North America
• Greatest skill is motivating and coaching for sales success in the U.S. market
• University degree, preferably in Business
• Proven management experience and skills
Desired Skills & Attributes
• Danica's products are seasonal, fashion items, so you must be knowledgeable about trends, colour and confident in sharing your knowledge
• Positive, up beat, enthusiastic, ambitious and self driven
• Experienced in resolving issues for customers in ways that leave them happy and pleased
• We strive to delight our customers and be the best possible company for our sales people to work for. Your job will be to execute that mission every day.
• Highly organized
• Full understanding of retail
• Passion for Home décor, fashion, and design
• Self-motivated individual with great dependability
• Able to meet deadlines and deliver to sales reps and customers what they need
• Able to travel within North America, particularly throughout the eastern United States on a regular basis
Get ready. Get set. Tell us about yourself. We want to hear what makes you the hands-down, no-doubt-about-it, ideal candidate for to join the Danica team. Use your cover letter as a vehicle to tell us about the special attributes you possess that will add some extra flare to the Danica dynamic. Please send resume, cover letter and salary expectations to . Please ensure that “US Sales Manager East” is in the subject field of the email.
Danica is an equal opportunity employer.